- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
Video: Hull 1-4 Arsenal: Xhaka stunner seals Gunners win
Granit Xhaka scored a 30-yard stunner to seal a 4-1 victory over 10-man Hull City at the KCOM Stadium this afternoon.
We started brightly and took a deserved lead in the 17th minute when Alex Iwobi’s goal-bound effort deflected off Alexis Sanchez and in to the net for 1-0.
The pressure continued from the visitors and we were given the perfect opportunity to double our lead when Francis Coquelin’s shot was handled on the line by Livermore and the former Spurs man was sent off.
Unfortunately Sanchez saw the resulting spot kick well saved but we did eventually make it 2-0 shortly after half time when Walcott latched on to Iwobi’s superb back-heel to dink it over the keeper.
In typical Arsenal style we made things difficult for ourselves after Petr Cech gave away a penalty after bringing down Mbokani in the area. Snodgrass fired home for 1-2 in the 79th minute to set-up a nervy final 10 minutes.
However, Sanchez sealed the three points after smashing home our third goal in the 84th minute while Xhaka added some gloss to the score-line by smashing in to the top corner from 30 yards to make it three league wins on the bounce.
Watch the goals here: