- Arsenal in hunt for 26-goal hitman, £60m will get deal done
- Arsenal star confirms surgery, doesn’t know when he’ll return
- [Video Goals] Arsenal U23’s 4-1 Chelsea U23’s: Welbeck on target for Gunners
- Arsenal ready to beat Man Utd to signature of £40m midfielder
- [Teams] Arsenal U23 v Chelsea U23: Welbeck & Jenkinson start
- Arsenal to launch swoop for £75m-rated Real Madrid target
- Injury update on Arsenal star Aaron Ramsey
- Key Arsenal star to consider move if Wenger leaves – report
- [Photos] Images of Arsenal’s 2017/18 home/away kits leaked online
- Arsenal dealt fresh injury blow, star ruled out for 3 weeks
Video: Hull 1-4 Arsenal: Xhaka stunner seals Gunners win
Granit Xhaka scored a 30-yard stunner to seal a 4-1 victory over 10-man Hull City at the KCOM Stadium this afternoon.
We started brightly and took a deserved lead in the 17th minute when Alex Iwobi’s goal-bound effort deflected off Alexis Sanchez and in to the net for 1-0.
The pressure continued from the visitors and we were given the perfect opportunity to double our lead when Francis Coquelin’s shot was handled on the line by Livermore and the former Spurs man was sent off.
Unfortunately Sanchez saw the resulting spot kick well saved but we did eventually make it 2-0 shortly after half time when Walcott latched on to Iwobi’s superb back-heel to dink it over the keeper.
In typical Arsenal style we made things difficult for ourselves after Petr Cech gave away a penalty after bringing down Mbokani in the area. Snodgrass fired home for 1-2 in the 79th minute to set-up a nervy final 10 minutes.
However, Sanchez sealed the three points after smashing home our third goal in the 84th minute while Xhaka added some gloss to the score-line by smashing in to the top corner from 30 yards to make it three league wins on the bounce.
Watch the goals here: