- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
Wenger pulled out of deal to sign superb Frenchman – report
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsene Wenger pulled the plug on a proposed deal to sign Adrien Rabiot this summer due to his close relationship with the Paris Saint-Germain president.
Rabiot is a name most of you should be familiar with as he’s been linked with a move to Arsenal for quite some time with Wenger believed to be a huge fan of the midfielder.
Speculation throughout the summer transfer window continued to link the 21-year-old with a move to the Emirates with reports in July claiming that we were in talks with PSG over a potential deal.
A move failed to materialise in the end and Rabiot stayed at the Parc des Prince but things could have been very different if a report in the Mirror today is to be believed.
The newspaper is citing reports coming from French outlet Le Parisien that claim Rabiot and his agents were all set to press ahead with a move to Arsenal but Wenger pulled out of a deal due to his close relationship with the PSG president.
Nasser Al-Khelafi was supposedly keen to keep hold of the highly-rated midfielder so Arsene decided against pursuing a deal in fear it could have jeopardised his relationship with the PSG supremo.
Obviously we should take all speculation in the media with a pinch of salt but if this report is true, then I’ll be hugely disappointed and it would be another example of Wenger not being ruthless enough in the transfer market.
Rabiot is a superb talent and if he was keen to join Arsenal, then Arsene should have been doing all he could to bring him to north London, not worrying about his friendship with the PSG president.