- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains but no sign of striker ahead of West Ham
- [Video] Santi Cazorla confirms he’ll be back sooner than expected
- Preview: West Ham v Arsenal, team news, Xhaka to start + prediction
- Austrian confirms talks with Arsenal – could he really replace Wenger?
- Wenger confirms fresh injury blow + striker out for 4 more weeks
- Team News: Wenger’s update on Cazorla, Elneny & Giroud
- Giroud & Ramsey start in 4-2-3-1: My Arsenal XI to face West Ham
- Arsenal dealt huge blow after key man ruled out until March 2017
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla, Giroud & Elneny
- Wenger on attackers ‘long term’ serious injury & Welbeck update
[Video] New footage proves Giroud shouldn’t have been sent off v PSG
Fresh footage has proven that Olivier Giroud was extremely unfortunate to be sent off during Arsenal’s 1-1 draw against Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday night.
Giroud was surprisingly left on the bench for our Champions League group stage opener in Paris but was summoned from the bench midway through the second half as we trailed 1-0.
The French international made a difference as he provided a focal point up front as we secured a vital point thanks to Alexis Sanchez’s equaliser in the 77th minute.
However, Giroud picked up a silly booking for dissent in the 88th minute and was then sent off after being shown a second yellow in stoppage time following an altercation with Marco Verratti.
The replays provided by BT Sport only showed Giroud’s minor block on the PSG midfielder – which didn’t warrant a card – so fans have been wondering whether there was a bit of afters between the two men off the ball which may have led to the second yellow being shown.
However, a new angle of the incident shows that Giroud actually did nothing wrong at all. After his rather clumsy block which floored Verratti, the midfielder flicks out a leg to also send Giroud to the ground.
As he gets to his feet, Marquinhos comes in and pushes him from behind which send’s Giroud flying in to Verratti causing the Italian international to once again fall to the ground before Marquinhos has another shove at the Arsenal man.
Giroud has his hands up the whole time and didn’t lay a finger on either player so certainly didn’t deserve a second yellow. In fact, Verratti was also slightly unfortunate to get his second booking as it was actually Marquinhos who was the aggressor in it all.
Check out the footage below:
Footage clearly showing that Olivier Giroud was wrongly sent off after being pushed into Verrati! pic.twitter.com/DlTmskvDa8
— UberArsenal™ (@UberAFC) September 13, 2016