- [Player Ratings] Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Perez shines, Iwobi woeful
- Video: Sutton 0-2 Arsenal: Walcott books quarter final spot
- Teams: Sutton v Arsenal: Perez & Walcott start
- “He wants to leave Arsenal” – Agent confirms attacker wants out
- Preview: Sutton v Arsenal: trio ruled out, teenager starts + prediction
- Arsenal on red alert after Spanish attacker drops move hint
- Man Utd eyeing audacious £30m swoop on Arsenal
- FA Cup Draw: Arsenal or Sutton to face Lincoln in last 8
- Confirmed: Arsenal star reveals he’ll miss FA Cup clash with Sutton
- [Photos] Arsenal duo snapped in training together following ‘bust-up’ reports
Arsene Wenger confirms fresh injury concern for Arsenal
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Theo Walcott was forced to miss Tuesday night’s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain due to a knee injury.
Walcott has started the season well and was expected to keep his place on the right-wing having started all four of our Premier League games so far this campaign.
However, the 27-year-old was a surprising omission from the squad when the teams were announced last night and it turns out he didn’t even get on the plane to Paris.
Speaking ahead of kick off, Wenger revealed that Theo is suffering from a minor knee injury so was left back in north London to recover, but thankfully the boss doesn’t think it’s a long-term concern.
Wenger is quoted as saying by the Mirror.
“He [Walcott] has a knee problem, I think it’s very short term but he’s not completely fit so I left him at home.
“Basically its 90 percent of the squad who played on Saturday who play tonight.”
I thought we actually missed Walcott last night as in his absence, Alex Iwobi and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain started on the wings and both struggled to make a real impact on the game.
The truth is most of the players were below par and we were fortunate to leave the Parc des Princes with a point after Alexis Sanchez scored late on t0 salvage a 1-1 draw after Edinson Cavani had put the hosts ahead in the first minute.