- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Sky Sports pundit offers his predicted score for PSG v Arsenal
Sky Sports pundit Charlie Nicholas has offered his predicted score ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain this evening.
We kick off our European adventure with arguably our hardest group game as we take on the French champions at the Parc des Paris tonight and we desperately need to bring home a positive result if we’re to top Group A.
Arsene Wenger rested Alexis Sanchez and Granit Xhaka for Saturday’s dramatic 2-1 win over Southampton while Olivier Giroud is also expected to be handed his first start of the new season.
Obviously PSG will be without Zlatan Ibrahimovic following his free transfer move to Manchester United in the summer and they’ll certainly miss the mercurial Swede but they still have plenty of dangerous players such as Edinson Cavani and Angel Di Maria to worry about.
However, we have a strong side ourselves and former Arsenal forward Charlie Nicholas is backing us to come away with a very useful point from Paris this evening.
Writing in his column for Sky Sports, champagne Charlie said:
Arsene Wenger took a risk in terms of changing his team again at the weekend, which I didn’t think was necessary, and he got away with it.
Yes, they were fortunate against Southampton but they made the most of their luck and I thought one other positive was the way Shkodran Mustafi grew into the game.
Alexis Sanchez and Olivier Giroud should come back in to give the side a more familiar feel but, for me, Granit Xhaka has to play on Tuesday. You pay £30m because he’s better than Francis Coquelin, not to put him on the bench.
PSG are not as good as they used to be when Zlatan Ibrahimovic was there. They drew their last game and lost to Monaco before that, so I’m confident Arsenal will score at least once and I fancy Theo Walcott to get on the scoresheet.
Charlie predicts: 1-1
PSG do have some injury concerns in defence but I’d personally take a 1-1 draw right now as it would set us up nicely for upcoming games against Basel and Ludogorets and we would be favourites to finish as group winners if we beat the French champions in the reverse fixture at the Emirates.
But if you fancy us to win tonight, then you can back Arsenal to beat PSG at crazy odds of 14/1 – just click here to take advantage.