- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
French journalist claims this Arsenal player will start against PSG
A reliable French journalist who works for RMC claims that Alexis Sanchez will start up front for Arsenal against PSG tonight with Olivier Giroud once again left on the bench.
Alexis was rested for Saturday’s 2-1 victory over Southampton after arriving back late from international duty and was only introduced out of necessity in the second half as we chased a late winner.
We all expected the Chilean international to be restored to the starting eleven for our Champions League opener against PSG but most thought he’d play out on the wing with Giroud playing up front.
The Frenchman has made just two substitute appearances so far this season after struggling to regain match fitness following his late arrival at pre-season training having played in the final of Euro 2016.
Arsene Wenger said at his press conference on Monday that Giroud was now close to full fitness and hinted he may make his first start of the season at the Parc des Princes tonight.
However, RMC journalist Mohamed Bouhafsi has claimed that Giroud will not be in the starting eleven as Alexis is set to play up front with Lucas Perez presumably dropping to the bench.
Get French Football claim that Bouhafsi is close with Giroud and is very reliable but we’ll have to wait and see whether his information proves to be correct.
It’ll be an interesting decision if Wenger has opted to play Sanchez through the middle. I’m not his biggest fan up top but Wenger clearly doesn’t think Giroud is ready to start yet and has already said Lucas will need time to adapt to his new club.
Giroud won't start tonight. Alexis will start as CF ! #PSGARS
— Mohamed Bouhafsi (@mohamedbouhafsi) September 13, 2016
The journalist responsible for the Giroud story has close links with the player & is very reliable.
— Get French Football (@GFFN) September 13, 2016