- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
“I love Arsenal” – Free agent wants Emirates Stadium move
According to the Mirror, former Espanyol defender Michael Ciani is ready to come to the Premier League and has declared his love for Arsenal.
Ciani is something of a journeyman having played for nine clubs throughout his career including spells at the likes of Auxerre, Bordeuax, Lazio, Sporting Lisbon and most recently Espanyol.
The 32-year-old spent an unsuccessful year in Spain and left the club at the end of last season after making just 3 appearances for the La Liga outfit, and is now a free agent looking to find a new club.
The French centre-back has confirmed he wants to try his luck in England and it seems Arsenal would be his preferred destination as he’s revealed that he grew up loving Arsenal with Thierry Henry his favourite player.
Ciani is quoted as saying by the Mirror:
“I like the football in England, the mentality. I like everything. I have the physique to play there. I loved Arsenal growing up and always wanted to play in England so I think it is my time to play there.
“Thierry Henry was my favourite player in the Premier League. I was watching him in every game and he was so good at Arsenal.”
Ciani made his one and only appearance for the French national team in 2010 so he must have been a relatively decent player in his day but he’s played just 3 competitive club games over the past two years so I think it’s safe to say he’ll be a little rusty.
Arsene Wenger spent most of the summer searching for a new centre-back before splashing out over £30m on Shkodran Mustafi so sadly for Ciani I don’t think the boss will be interested in signing him – even on a free transfer.