- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
“He has everything” – Mustafi praises Perez ahead of Arsenal debut
Shkodran Mustafi has been speaking to Arsenal.com and has heaped praise on fellow new recruit Lucas Perez by saying the player has everything needed to be a top striker.
Mustafi completed his big-money move from Valencia on September 30th just hours after we announced the arrival of Perez in a £17m deal from Deportivo La Coruna.
The two have played against each-other in Spain with Perez scoring twice for Deportivo against Valencia last season so Mustafi is well-placed to give his thoughts on our new No.9.
The defender says that Perez is ‘uncomfortable’ to play against as he works hard for the team and has ‘everything a striker needs’, while his 17 goals in La Liga for a struggling team proves he has what it takes to produce in a tough league.
Mustafi told Arsenal.com:
“He is uncomfortable to play against. He’s a good striker – he has everything a striker needs.
“He’s someone you can play well with. He doesn’t just run around and wait for someone to give him a pass to score a goal. He works a lot for the team as well and he creates chances.
“He’s in the right place at the right time, as he showed last year in La Liga. I played there for two years and I know it’s not that easy to score many goals in La Liga, because you have great defenders there as well.
“I think he’s going to help the team a lot.”
Perez is expected to be in the squad for Arsenal’s Premier League clash with Southampton on Saturday afternoon and while I think he’ll start from the bench, the Spaniard should make his debut during the second half.
Obviously he wasn’t the ‘big name’ striker fans have been crying out for but he has shown at Deportivo that he’s a real threat in front of goal so I think he could turn out to be a shrewd purchase by Arsene Wenger.
Plus, Mustafi clearly rates him, so that’s good enough for me!