- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
“He has everything” – Mustafi praises Perez ahead of Arsenal debut
Shkodran Mustafi has been speaking to Arsenal.com and has heaped praise on fellow new recruit Lucas Perez by saying the player has everything needed to be a top striker.
Mustafi completed his big-money move from Valencia on September 30th just hours after we announced the arrival of Perez in a £17m deal from Deportivo La Coruna.
The two have played against each-other in Spain with Perez scoring twice for Deportivo against Valencia last season so Mustafi is well-placed to give his thoughts on our new No.9.
The defender says that Perez is ‘uncomfortable’ to play against as he works hard for the team and has ‘everything a striker needs’, while his 17 goals in La Liga for a struggling team proves he has what it takes to produce in a tough league.
Mustafi told Arsenal.com:
“He is uncomfortable to play against. He’s a good striker – he has everything a striker needs.
“He’s someone you can play well with. He doesn’t just run around and wait for someone to give him a pass to score a goal. He works a lot for the team as well and he creates chances.
“He’s in the right place at the right time, as he showed last year in La Liga. I played there for two years and I know it’s not that easy to score many goals in La Liga, because you have great defenders there as well.
“I think he’s going to help the team a lot.”
Perez is expected to be in the squad for Arsenal’s Premier League clash with Southampton on Saturday afternoon and while I think he’ll start from the bench, the Spaniard should make his debut during the second half.
Obviously he wasn’t the ‘big name’ striker fans have been crying out for but he has shown at Deportivo that he’s a real threat in front of goal so I think he could turn out to be a shrewd purchase by Arsene Wenger.
Plus, Mustafi clearly rates him, so that’s good enough for me!