- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
Team news: Ramsey out, Iwobi back + news on Mustafi & Perez
The Telegraph have offered a team news update ahead of Arsenal’s Premier League clash with Southampton on Saturday afternoon.
The newspaper claims that Aaron Ramsey is set to miss out once again as he continues to recover from a hamstring injury that he suffered during our opening weekend loss to Liverpool.
Arsene Wenger had hoped the Welshman would be available after the international break but the boss isn’t expected to risk the midfielder with huge games against PSG and Chelsea on the horizon.
However, Alex Iwobi is set to make his return after recovering from a thigh injury that he also suffered against Liverpool last month, although the attacker may find himself having to make-do with a place on the bench.
Fans are desperate to get a first glimpse of new signing Shkodran Mustafi and the Telegraph claim there is no reason why the German international won’t be handed his first start alongside Laurent Koscielny in the middle of defence.
Fellow new signing Lucas Perez may have to make do with a place among the substitutes this weekend as the paper says that Olivier Giroud is likely to make his first start of the season after regaining full fitness.
Santi Cazorla is expected to continue alongside Granit Xhaka in midfield while Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will contest a place in attack alongside Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil.
Suddenly our squad looks very strong with plenty of depth so if we can just steer clear of injuries to key men this season, we might surprise a few people.