- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal announce Player of the Month for August
Arsenal have announced on Arsenal.com that Laurent Koscielny has been named as the Vitality Player of the Month for August after putting in some impressive displays.
Koscielny missed the first game of the season after arriving back late to pre-season training following his participation in the final at Euro 2016 and he was sorely missed as we slumped to a disappointing 4-3 defeat to Liverpool at the Emirates.
Despite having just two weeks training under his belt, Kos was drafted in to the starting eleven for the trip to Leicester City and he was outstanding at the back to secure a 0-0 draw while he also put in another superb display during our 3-1 win at Watford.
It comes as no surprise that Koscielny has now won the August Player of the Month with 35.6% of the votes, with his defensive partner Rob Holding a close second with 33% following an impressive start to life at the Emirates following his move from Bolton.
Alexis Sanchez has started the season positively after scoring once and providing two assists in his three appearances so far and the Chilean international was third on 18.4%.
Congratulations Kos, fully deserved and also a shout out to Holding as he’s been thrown in at the deep end and has done superbly well during his first three appearances in the Premier League.