- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Arsenal announce Player of the Month for August
Arsenal have announced on Arsenal.com that Laurent Koscielny has been named as the Vitality Player of the Month for August after putting in some impressive displays.
Koscielny missed the first game of the season after arriving back late to pre-season training following his participation in the final at Euro 2016 and he was sorely missed as we slumped to a disappointing 4-3 defeat to Liverpool at the Emirates.
Despite having just two weeks training under his belt, Kos was drafted in to the starting eleven for the trip to Leicester City and he was outstanding at the back to secure a 0-0 draw while he also put in another superb display during our 3-1 win at Watford.
It comes as no surprise that Koscielny has now won the August Player of the Month with 35.6% of the votes, with his defensive partner Rob Holding a close second with 33% following an impressive start to life at the Emirates following his move from Bolton.
Alexis Sanchez has started the season positively after scoring once and providing two assists in his three appearances so far and the Chilean international was third on 18.4%.
Congratulations Kos, fully deserved and also a shout out to Holding as he’s been thrown in at the deep end and has done superbly well during his first three appearances in the Premier League.