- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
[Photos] Midfielder snapped holding new shirt after Arsenal exit
Serge Gnabry has completed his move away from Arsenal after being unvielled as a Werder Bremen player this afternoon.
Gnabry has been with Arsenal since joining the club from Stuttgart in 2011 and looked like he was going to become a key player after making the breakthrough in to the first team in 2013/14 when he scored a lovely goal against Swansea.
However, the 21-year-old’s career stalled after he suffered a series of injury problems and then spent an unsuccessful season out on loan at West Brom last year, where he made just three appearances.
With just a year left on his deal and concerns over his form and fitness, Arsenal allowed the winger to head off to the Olympics this summer in order to try and regain some confidence with the German national team.
Nobody could have predicted Gnabry would become one of the stars in Rio, as he scored six goals to help his country in to the final and was named as the Germany Player of the Tournament.
This form alerted a number of clubs back in his homeland and despite Wenger’s best efforts to persuade him to sign an extension with Arsenal, Gnabry has opted for a fresh start at Werder Bremen.
The youngster was unvielled at a press conference this afternoon where he said he was happy to have joined the Bundesliga club and was told positive things by former Bremen players Mertesacker and Ozil.
No official fee has been disclosed but ESPN claim we’ll receive around £4.5m – although I’ve seen further reports suggesting the fee is closer to £6.5m. Either way, I think that will turn out to be a steal for a player of Gnabry’s quality and I’m gutted to see him go.