- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
[Photos] Midfielder snapped holding new shirt after Arsenal exit
Serge Gnabry has completed his move away from Arsenal after being unvielled as a Werder Bremen player this afternoon.
Gnabry has been with Arsenal since joining the club from Stuttgart in 2011 and looked like he was going to become a key player after making the breakthrough in to the first team in 2013/14 when he scored a lovely goal against Swansea.
However, the 21-year-old’s career stalled after he suffered a series of injury problems and then spent an unsuccessful season out on loan at West Brom last year, where he made just three appearances.
With just a year left on his deal and concerns over his form and fitness, Arsenal allowed the winger to head off to the Olympics this summer in order to try and regain some confidence with the German national team.
Nobody could have predicted Gnabry would become one of the stars in Rio, as he scored six goals to help his country in to the final and was named as the Germany Player of the Tournament.
This form alerted a number of clubs back in his homeland and despite Wenger’s best efforts to persuade him to sign an extension with Arsenal, Gnabry has opted for a fresh start at Werder Bremen.
The youngster was unvielled at a press conference this afternoon where he said he was happy to have joined the Bundesliga club and was told positive things by former Bremen players Mertesacker and Ozil.
No official fee has been disclosed but ESPN claim we’ll receive around £4.5m – although I’ve seen further reports suggesting the fee is closer to £6.5m. Either way, I think that will turn out to be a steal for a player of Gnabry’s quality and I’m gutted to see him go.