- Arsenal handed huge boost ahead of Bayern Munich showdown
- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
[Photo] Arsenal suffer injury scare after Mustafi picks up knock
Arsenal fans were left holding their breath this evening, not due to an impending transfer, but because Shkodran Mustafi picked up a knock playing for Germany.
The defender only completed his £35m move to Arsenal from Valencia 24 hours ago but Mustafi has already proved he has ‘Arsenal DNA’ after needing treatment while playing for his country on Wednesday night.
After heading straight off on international duty following his move to the Emirates, the centre-back started for Germany during a friendly with Finland but went down heavily following a challenge early in the second half.
Mustafi looked to be in real discomfort and was forced off the pitch to receive treatment from the German medical staff before returning to the game but was walking gingerly for the next 5 minutes.
The official German Twitter account teased Arsenal fans about the incident as Mustafi was able to complete the full ninety minutes with Mesut Ozil grabbing an assist during a 2-0 victory.
We’ll have to wait for more news to see if Mustafi suffers any reaction to the knock he picked up tonight but fingers crossed it’s nothing serious as it would be a disaster if he was already ruled out with an injury.
With Gabriel and Mertesacker already on the treatment table the last thing we need is our shiny new centre-back getting injured on international duty before he’s even kicked a ball for Arsenal!
— Germany (@DFB_Team_EN) August 31, 2016