- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Agent confirms Arsenal approach & says player would love to join
The agent of Paraguayan international Miguel Almiron has told Sport Witness that Arsenal have made an approach for the Lanus winger and he’d jump at the chance of moving to the Emirates.
Reports earlier this week suggested that Arsene Wenger was trying to pull off a surprise late move for Almiron with the Daily Star claiming that we’d tabled an opening £9.4m offer.
The newspaper suggested that our opening offer may fall short but negotiations were continuing between the two clubs with Lanus hoping to receive nearer £11m for the attacking midfielder.
However, it seems the story is only partially true as the 22-year-old’s agent Daniel Campos has told Sport Witness that while Arsenal have made an approach for the player, no formal offer was made.
Campos also revealed that the fee to buy Almiron would actually be around £8.5m – so less than we were reported to have offered – and the attacker would jump at the chance to join Arsenal at some point in the future.
“Actually there was an approach, but it didn’t go any further, I see it more for the future.”
“That’s up to Lanús [the fee]. But around €10 million.”
“No doubt he’d be delighted to play in the Premier League and for Arsenal.”
Almiron only joined Lanus from Cerro Porteno last summer and has scored 4 goals in 16 appearances for the Argentinean outfit while he also represented Paraguay at this summers Copa America.
He’s predominantly a central attacking midfielder but can also play out on the wings so he’d be a versatile member of the squad if he was to join Arsenal, but it seems no deal is imminent so we’ll have to wait and see whether Arsene Wenger decides to step-up his interest in the future.