- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
[Video highlights] See why Arsenal spent £17m on Lucas Perez
Arsenal finally unveilled Lucas Perez as our latest new signing on Tuesday afternoon with the striker arriving in a £17m deal from Deportivo La Coruna.
Arsene Wenger has been after a new striker all summer after missing out on Jamie Vardy and it was something of a surprise to fans when news broke last week that we’d set our sights on the relatively unknown Spaniard.
However, once we began taking a closer look at Lucas it’s become a little clearer why Wenger has decided to take a calculated gamble on the 27-year-old as his style is actually very similar to Vardy’s – hence why many have dubbed him as the ‘Spanish Vardy’.
He’s very quick and loves to make runs behind the defence while he’s also just come off the back of his best ever campaign having scored 19 goals and 11 assists in all competitions for a poor Deportivo side – with 17 and 10 coming in La Liga.
Lucas also works extremely hard for his team and is capable of playing out on the wings as that’s where he’s spent most of his career before being converted to a central striker.
Arsene has spoken highly of Lucas and at £17m, I think it’s a great signing as you can’t buy much for that kind of money these days. Heck, Aston Villa have just spent almost that amount on Jonathan Kodja who’s never even played above Championship level!
So I’m excited by the arrival of Lucas and that’s why I’ve uploaded this video of his goals and assists from last season, plus an absolute belting volley he scored back while playing for Karpaty.
Sit back and enjoy…..