- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
[Video highlights] See why Arsenal spent £17m on Lucas Perez
Arsenal finally unveilled Lucas Perez as our latest new signing on Tuesday afternoon with the striker arriving in a £17m deal from Deportivo La Coruna.
Arsene Wenger has been after a new striker all summer after missing out on Jamie Vardy and it was something of a surprise to fans when news broke last week that we’d set our sights on the relatively unknown Spaniard.
However, once we began taking a closer look at Lucas it’s become a little clearer why Wenger has decided to take a calculated gamble on the 27-year-old as his style is actually very similar to Vardy’s – hence why many have dubbed him as the ‘Spanish Vardy’.
He’s very quick and loves to make runs behind the defence while he’s also just come off the back of his best ever campaign having scored 19 goals and 11 assists in all competitions for a poor Deportivo side – with 17 and 10 coming in La Liga.
Lucas also works extremely hard for his team and is capable of playing out on the wings as that’s where he’s spent most of his career before being converted to a central striker.
Arsene has spoken highly of Lucas and at £17m, I think it’s a great signing as you can’t buy much for that kind of money these days. Heck, Aston Villa have just spent almost that amount on Jonathan Kodja who’s never even played above Championship level!
So I’m excited by the arrival of Lucas and that’s why I’ve uploaded this video of his goals and assists from last season, plus an absolute belting volley he scored back while playing for Karpaty.
Sit back and enjoy…..