- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
Photos: Arsenal unveil new signing as striker joins on 4-year deal
Arsenal have finally unveilled Lucas Perez as as our latest new signing with the striker arriving from Deportivo La Coruna in a £17m deal.
Arsene Wenger has been desperately trying to sign a new striker this summer ever since we missed out on Jamie Vardy back in June and Lucas emerged as a target last week.
The Mirror reported on Wednesday night that we’d triggered the 27-year-old’s £17m buyout clause and the striker was soon heading to north London to undergo his medical.
Arsene Wenger confirmed after our 3-1 win over Watford on Saturday that Lucas had successfully completed his medical tests after agreeing terms on a four-year deal.
Lucas was then snapped arriving at London’s Heathrow Airport on Monday evening after returning to Spain over the weekend to say his goodbyes to friends and family.
The club have finally confirmed the worst kept secret in football after announcing Lucas’s signing on Arsenal.com this afternoon with Wenger giving his thoughts on his latest new signing:
He told the clubs website:
“He’s not only a goalscorer, he’s a guy who combines well with partners, who can give a final ball and makes good runs. He’s got a good eye for goal and had an outstanding season last year.”
He isn’t the marquee name fans have been praying for but the Spaniard scored 19 goals and provided 11 assists in all competitions last season for a poor Deportivo side so I think he’ll certainly provide some much-needed firepower in the final third.
He’s been described by some as the ‘Spanish Vardy’ as he’s a pacey and hard working striker who’s got an eye for goal so hopefully he can have a similar impact at Arsenal as Vardy had at Leicester last season.
Here are some photos of Lucas in the famous Red & White courtesy of Arsenal.com: