- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
[Sky Sports] £16m defender agrees move away from Arsenal
According to Sky Sports News, Arsenal defender Calum Chambers has agreed to join Middlesbrough on a season-long loan deal.
Chambers joined Arsenal from Southampton in a £16m move back in the summer of 2014 and has racked up 59 appearances for the first team over the past two seasons.
But many of those displays have been at right-back as the 21-year-old has struggled to establish himself as a regular in his primary centre-back position.
Chambers did start in the middle of defence on the opening weekend of the season and even got himself on the score-sheet but his overall performance was poor during the 4-3 defeat to Liverpool.
Rob Holding appears to have moved ahead of Chambers after being selected alongside Laurent Koscielny in our previous two games while the imminent arrival of Shkodran Mustafi from Valencia will push the youngster even further down the pecking order.
With Gabriel also due back in around three weeks and Per Mertesacker to return in the New Year, it’s no surprise Chambers has been made available for loan as he desperately needs to get a regular run of games.
He has been linked with a move to Italy in recent days, however, Sky Sports News claim Calum has now agreed to join Middlesbrough on a season long loan deal and will become Aitor Karanka’s tenth new signing of the summer.
Boro have made a solid start to life back in the Premier League after collecting five points from their opening three games and Chambers could be in line to make his debut against Crystal Palace after the international break once this move is confirmed.
I’m glad to see Chambers stay in English football and the move to Boro should work out well for all parties so hopefully he’ll enjoy his time on Teesside and come back to Arsenal better for it.