- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
[Photos] Striker arrives in London to complete £17m Arsenal switch
Lucas Perez has been pictured at London Heathrow Airport on Monday evening after flying in to England to complete his £17m move to Arsenal from Deportivo La Coruna.
News broke late last week that we’d made our move for the Spanish striker with the Mirror reporting that Arsenal had triggered a £17m buyout clause in his contract on Wednesday night.
The newspaper said that Perez flew-in to London to complete his medical on Friday after agreeing a four-year contract and Arsene Wenger admitted after our win over Watford at on Saturday that just paperwork was left to complete before the transfer was announced.
The 27-year-old went back to Spain over the weekend to say his goodbyes and prepare for his new life in north London and Perez has now arrived back in England after being pictured at London’s Heathrow Airport on Monday night.
The Daily Mail carry some snaps of the striker on the plane and at Heathrow [below], and claim that Perez has had to delay holding a news conference at Deportivo’s Estadio Riazor to say his final farewells as Arsene Wenger wanted him to begin training with the club as soon as possible.
Perez is now expected to be formally announced as an Arsenal player on Tuesday and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was to meet some of his new team mates and take part in training as well tomorrow.
He isn’t the marquee name fans have been praying for but the Spaniard scored 19 goals and provided 11 assists in all competitions last season for a poor Deportivo side so I think he’ll certainly provide some much-needed firepower in the final third.
Here are some photos of him arriving in London courtesy of the Daily Mail: