- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
Arsenal table £9.4m bid as Wenger eyes third late signing
It looks like Arsene Wenger may not be done in the transfer window as the Daily Star are reporting that we’ve tabled an opening £9.4m offer for Lanus midfielder Miguel Almiron.
The boss has been heavily criticised for much of the summer for his lack of spending but we’re expected to officially announce the arrivals of striker Lucas Perez and defender Shkodran Mustafi on Tuesday in a double deal worth over £50m.
However, it appears Wenger may be working on a third late signing as the Daily Star are citing reports coming from Italian outlet Tuttomercatoweb that claim Arsenal have made a £9.4m bid for Lanus star Miguel Almiron.
The newspaper suggests that our opening offer may fall short but negotiations are continuing between the two clubs with Lanus hoping to receive nearer £11m for the attacking midfielder.
I must admit I don’t know a lot about the the 22-year-old but I do know that he moved to the Argentine outfit last summer after coming through the youth ranks at Cerro Porteno and scored 4 goals in his 16 appearances last season.
Almiron is predominantly a central attacking midfielder but is also comfortable playing on the wings while he played for Paraguay at this summers Copa America having previously played for the Under-20’s.
This rumour has come from nowhere and I’d personally be shocked if we did splash out around £10m on an unknown South American midfielder but with Wenger, you just never know….