- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Wenger offers update after Arsenal star limped out of Watford win
Arsene Wenger has offered an update on Nacho Monreal after the defender limped out of our 3-1 win over Watford on Saturday afternoon.
Monreal has established himself as our first choice left-back over the past couple of seasons and was once again in the starting eleven at Vicarage Road today.
However, the 30-year-old was forced off midway through the second half with a leg injury and limped off the field in the 74th minute to be replaced by Kieran Gibbs.
It looked as though we could have picked up yet another unfortunate injury but thankfully Wenger has eased those fears after telling Arsenal.com that the full-back just took a kick and the injury isn’t serious.
The boss told the clubs website after our 3-1 win:
Nacho Monreal has a kick but nothing major.
It’s great news that Monreal’s injury isn’t thought to be serious and he’ll now have a couple of weeks to recover during the upcoming international break.
So be honest, Monreal hasn’t had the best of starts to the new season as he was poor against Liverpool and struggled again at times today – although to be fair he was left exposed by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain a few times.
Hopefully Nacho will recover from this knock and be ready to go when we take on Southampton on September 10th after the break.