- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsene Wenger offers update on Perez & Mustafi deals
Arsene Wenger has confirmed Arsenal are working on deals for striker Lucas Perez and defender Shkodran Mustafi and is ’99% confident’ we’ll sign the players before the end of the window.
The boss has been speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of our trip to Watford on Saturday and predictably he was quizzed about our interest in Perez and Mustafi.
Reports last night claimed that we’ve agreed a £17m deal to sign Perez after triggering a £17m buyout clause in his Deportivo La Coruna contract with the Spanish striker expected to arrive for his medical today [source: Goal].
The Guardian then reported that Arsenal have finally struck a £35m deal with Valencia for the signing of Mustafi with the German international also due to fly-in to London to complete his medical over the next 24 hours.
When asked for an update, Wenger confirmed that we’re working on the deals and is ’99% confident’ he’ll get players in before the end of the month while the boss also says he thinks it’s going to be a hectic final few days of the window.
Wenger on Perez & Mustafi: "We are working on the deals. Will we sign anyone before the window closes? I'm 99 per cent confident."
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) August 26, 2016
"It looks like it will be frenetic in the last three days, everyone has sat on ££ but we know they will all splash out now." #AFC
— Mark Mann-Bryans (@MarkyMBryans) August 26, 2016
So it looks like all the reports are true and we are closing in on signing Perez and Mustafi as Arsene wouldn’t speak so openly unless we were on the verge of completing the deals.
It looks like it’s going to be a busy few days at London Colney as we finally bring in the centre-back and striker that we so-desperately need.
Perez might not be the marquee name fans have been waiting for but he scored 19 goals and provided 11 assists for a Deportivo side that was fighting relegation last season and he’ll give us something different in attack.
Mustafi is an international defender who has become one of the best centre-backs in Spain so I think he’ll turn out to be an excellent purchase for the club.
Let’s hope we can get these deals over the line swiftly and who knows, maybe Wenger will have time left to bring in a top class attacker like Draxler, Isco or Rodriguez on deadline day?!