- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Mustafi to Arsenal: £35m deal, personal terms agreed, medical Friday
It’s been a busy day at Arsenal HQ as the Guardian claim that Shkodran Mustafi is due to arrive in London on Friday after we finally agreed a £35m deal with Valencia for the centre-back.
Arsene Wenger has been desperately trying to sign a new centre-back after Gabriel joined Mertesacker on the treatment table after the Brazilian was ruled out with an ankle injury.
Mustafi has been our main target in recent weeks and we’ve reportedly been locked in negotiations with Valencia with the Spaniard’s demanding north of £40m after rejecting our initial £20m bid.
However, a breakthrough was finally found on Thursday with the Guardian one of several outlets claiming that we’ve agreed a deal worth £35m for the German international.
The newspaper suggests Mustafi has already agreed personal terms and will arrive on Friday to undergo his medical and complete his move to the Emirates.
The news comes just hours after it emerged that we’ve also agreed a £17m deal to sign Deportivo La Caruna striker Lucas Perez – who’s also set to undergo his medical on Friday – so it looks like it’s going to be a busy day at London Colney tomorrow.
It’s taken some time and ideally we’d have had these deals wrapped-up before the start of the season but at least the boss has filled two glaring holes in the squad with quality signings.
Mustafi is an established international who has become one of the best centre-backs in Spain and he’ll be a long-term replacement for Per Mertesacker once he completes his move.
Perez is a bit more of a calculated risk but he has all the attributes we need in a striker as he’s quick, makes great runs and works his socks off so he’ll bring something different to Giroud.
So Arsene is set to splash over £50m on two new signings and when we take in to consideration the deals for Granit Xhaka, Rob Holding, Takuma Asano and Kelechi Nwakali, it takes our summer spending over £90m.
Who says Wenger doesn’t like spending money?!