- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
Champions League draw: Arsenal given favourable group
Arsenal have been given a reasonably favourable draw in the group stages of the Champions League having been drawn to play PSG, Basel and Ludogorets.
We booked our place in the draw for the group stages after finishing second in the Premier League last season but under the new format, we were placed in Pot 2.
Thankfully we avoided the usual big-boys in Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich and have been pitted against French champions PSG from Pot 1.
We then drew Swiss champs Basel from Pot 3 and Bulgarian outfit Ludogorets from Pot 4 meaning it was a favourable draw for us this year.
Arsene Wenger should be confident of progressing from that group although it should be a tight fight with PSG for top spot. We’ve found out in recent years how important it is to finish first so let’s hope we can pip the Ligue 1 champs and get a decent draw in the knockout stages.
Both Tottenham and Leicester will be happy with their groups but Man City got it tough with Pep Guardiola heading back to the Nou Camp.
Here is the full draw: