- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
[Photos] Key trio working hard in training ahead of Arsenal return
Laurent Koscielny, Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud were all working hard in training today ahead of their return to the Arsenal squad this weekend.
The trio all missed last Sunday’s Premier League opener after returning back late to pre-season training following their participation in the final stages of Euro 2016.
They were sorely missed, particularly Koscielny, as we slumped to a disappointing 4-3 defeat to Liverpool so it came as a welcome relief that Arsene Wenger confirmed they will be back in the squad to face Leicester tomorrow.
The boss has hinted that Koscielny may be the only one of the three that he takes a gamble on to start the game due to our lack of experienced options in the middle of defence.
I think it’s a sensible decision not to rush Ozil and Giroud back too soon as we saw with Ramsey last week that players are more susceptible to injury if they’ve only had a couple of weeks training under their belts.
Jack Wilshere was also in training today as he continues to work on his fitness after being left out against Liverpool last weekend having been nursing a knee injury in recent weeks.
Check out some photos from today’s session at London Colney courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty account: