- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
[Photos] Key trio working hard in training ahead of Arsenal return
Laurent Koscielny, Mesut Ozil and Olivier Giroud were all working hard in training today ahead of their return to the Arsenal squad this weekend.
The trio all missed last Sunday’s Premier League opener after returning back late to pre-season training following their participation in the final stages of Euro 2016.
They were sorely missed, particularly Koscielny, as we slumped to a disappointing 4-3 defeat to Liverpool so it came as a welcome relief that Arsene Wenger confirmed they will be back in the squad to face Leicester tomorrow.
The boss has hinted that Koscielny may be the only one of the three that he takes a gamble on to start the game due to our lack of experienced options in the middle of defence.
I think it’s a sensible decision not to rush Ozil and Giroud back too soon as we saw with Ramsey last week that players are more susceptible to injury if they’ve only had a couple of weeks training under their belts.
Jack Wilshere was also in training today as he continues to work on his fitness after being left out against Liverpool last weekend having been nursing a knee injury in recent weeks.
Check out some photos from today’s session at London Colney courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty account: