- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
[Tweet] Arsenal star confirms he suffered injury v Liverpool
Arsenal attacker Alex Iwobi has taken to Twitter to confirm he suffered a thigh strain during our hugely disappointing 4-3 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday afternoon.
Iwobi started on the left side of attack at the Emirates yesterday but was forced off early in the second half and was seen limping from the field as he was replaced by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
The 20-year-old has now taken to Twitter to not only express his disappointment at the result but also confirm that he’s suffered a thigh strain and is praying it isn’t too serious.
Iwobi wasn’t the only player to pick up an injury yesterday as Aaron Ramsey was also forced off against Liverpool with another hamstring problem so it really was a disastrous start to the new season.
Both players will probably be further assessed at London Colney today to determine the full extent of the injuries so let’s pray that they aren’t too serious as losing another two first team players is the last thing we need right now.
Here’s Iwobi’s tweet:
— Alexander Iwobi (@alexiwobi) August 14, 2016