- Arsenal handed huge boost ahead of Bayern Munich showdown
- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
[Tweet] Arsenal star confirms he suffered injury v Liverpool
Arsenal attacker Alex Iwobi has taken to Twitter to confirm he suffered a thigh strain during our hugely disappointing 4-3 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday afternoon.
Iwobi started on the left side of attack at the Emirates yesterday but was forced off early in the second half and was seen limping from the field as he was replaced by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
The 20-year-old has now taken to Twitter to not only express his disappointment at the result but also confirm that he’s suffered a thigh strain and is praying it isn’t too serious.
Iwobi wasn’t the only player to pick up an injury yesterday as Aaron Ramsey was also forced off against Liverpool with another hamstring problem so it really was a disastrous start to the new season.
Both players will probably be further assessed at London Colney today to determine the full extent of the injuries so let’s pray that they aren’t too serious as losing another two first team players is the last thing we need right now.
Here’s Iwobi’s tweet:
— Alexander Iwobi (@alexiwobi) August 14, 2016