- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Video: Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool: Gunners lose seven-goal thriller
It was a hugely disappointing start to the new season as we slumped to a 4-3 defeat to Liverpool at the Emirates this afternoon.
We dominated the first half and Theo Walcott made amends for missing a penalty after firing home for 1-0 before Philippe Coutinho levelled things up on the stroke of half time with a stunning free kick.
The visitors came flying out of the blocks after the break and raced in to a 4-1 lead thanks to goals from Adam Lallana, Coutinho and Sadio Mane as our inexperienced defence got ripped apart.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain pulled one back before Calum Chambers set-up a grand-stand finish by heading home for 3-4 in the 75th minute.
However, we couldn’t find a late equaliser so lost our opening game for the second year running. Unsurprisingly the boos rang out at full time and Wenger is now under further pressure to strengthen the squad before the window shuts.
Watch the goals here: