- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Video: Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool: Gunners lose seven-goal thriller
It was a hugely disappointing start to the new season as we slumped to a 4-3 defeat to Liverpool at the Emirates this afternoon.
We dominated the first half and Theo Walcott made amends for missing a penalty after firing home for 1-0 before Philippe Coutinho levelled things up on the stroke of half time with a stunning free kick.
The visitors came flying out of the blocks after the break and raced in to a 4-1 lead thanks to goals from Adam Lallana, Coutinho and Sadio Mane as our inexperienced defence got ripped apart.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain pulled one back before Calum Chambers set-up a grand-stand finish by heading home for 3-4 in the 75th minute.
However, we couldn’t find a late equaliser so lost our opening game for the second year running. Unsurprisingly the boos rang out at full time and Wenger is now under further pressure to strengthen the squad before the window shuts.
Watch the goals here: