- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
- Arsenal star a ‘major doubt’ for crucial Man City clash
- Arsenal make 24-year-old top target as Wenger eyes international
- Boss confirms Arsenal star is ruled out with hamstring injury
- Arsenal transfer plans: Out = £92m duo, In = 48-goal hitmen
- Brazilian superstar says he ‘admires’ Arsenal & wants to play in England
Video: Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool: Gunners lose seven-goal thriller
It was a hugely disappointing start to the new season as we slumped to a 4-3 defeat to Liverpool at the Emirates this afternoon.
We dominated the first half and Theo Walcott made amends for missing a penalty after firing home for 1-0 before Philippe Coutinho levelled things up on the stroke of half time with a stunning free kick.
The visitors came flying out of the blocks after the break and raced in to a 4-1 lead thanks to goals from Adam Lallana, Coutinho and Sadio Mane as our inexperienced defence got ripped apart.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain pulled one back before Calum Chambers set-up a grand-stand finish by heading home for 3-4 in the 75th minute.
However, we couldn’t find a late equaliser so lost our opening game for the second year running. Unsurprisingly the boos rang out at full time and Wenger is now under further pressure to strengthen the squad before the window shuts.
Watch the goals here: