- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
Ratings: Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool: Different season, same problems
It was a hugely disappointing start to the new season as we slumped to a 4-3 defeat to Liverpool at the Emirates this afternoon. Here are my ratings from the game:
Could do nothing for three of the goals but was suspect for the Lallana one.
Touch was heavy at times but made a vital last ditch tackle to deny Firmino a fifth goal
Got on the scoresheet but was exposed at the back.
Thrown in at the deep end. Steady in the first half but difficult time after the break.
Given a tough time by Mane. Unusually beaten far too easily at times.
Put himself about but struggled to control the midfield.
Did little of note and looked knackered by the 60th minute.
Didn’t look match fit and was taken off with what looked like a hamstring injury.
Set up the Walcott goal but was otherwise pretty quiet.
Worked hard in the first half and recovered from missing his penalty to score the opener.
Didn’t look match fit at all and struggled to get in the game playing up front.
Looked a little off the pace.
Had a positive impact off the bench, sparking our mini-revival with a decent goal.
Looked comfortable in possession but was predictably booked. No doubt it will be the first of many.
Understandably the fans vented their anger at Arsene Wenger after the game and the boss is now under increasing pressure to strengthen the squad before the end of the month.