- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Ratings: Arsenal 3-4 Liverpool: Different season, same problems
It was a hugely disappointing start to the new season as we slumped to a 4-3 defeat to Liverpool at the Emirates this afternoon. Here are my ratings from the game:
Could do nothing for three of the goals but was suspect for the Lallana one.
Touch was heavy at times but made a vital last ditch tackle to deny Firmino a fifth goal
Got on the scoresheet but was exposed at the back.
Thrown in at the deep end. Steady in the first half but difficult time after the break.
Given a tough time by Mane. Unusually beaten far too easily at times.
Put himself about but struggled to control the midfield.
Did little of note and looked knackered by the 60th minute.
Didn’t look match fit and was taken off with what looked like a hamstring injury.
Set up the Walcott goal but was otherwise pretty quiet.
Worked hard in the first half and recovered from missing his penalty to score the opener.
Didn’t look match fit at all and struggled to get in the game playing up front.
Looked a little off the pace.
Had a positive impact off the bench, sparking our mini-revival with a decent goal.
Looked comfortable in possession but was predictably booked. No doubt it will be the first of many.
Understandably the fans vented their anger at Arsene Wenger after the game and the boss is now under increasing pressure to strengthen the squad before the end of the month.