- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Ramsey & Iwobi
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Aaron Ramsey and Alex Iwobi both picked up injuries during Arsenal’s disappointing 4-3 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday.
Iwobi limped off in the 59th minute and the boss has revealed the young attacker has suffered a thigh injury but didn’t give any indication as to how serious the problem is.
Ramsey was forced just 2 minutes later after receiving treatment on a hamstring injury but again Wenger needs to speak to the medical staff to find out how serious the issue is.
The boss told Arsenal.com;
on how Ramsey is…
I don’t know, I haven’t spoken to the medical people.
on what his injury is…
on Iwobi’s injury…
It’s a thigh.
So if the result wasn’t bad enough today, we’ve also picked up two more injuries and even minor muscle problems could mean a couple of weeks on the sidelines.
I’m sure further assessments will be done tomorrow before we know the full extent of the injuries but Ramsey and Iwobi must now be considered as major doubts for next weeks trip to defending champions Leicester City.
It’s the last thing we needed considering Jack Wilshere, Mesut Ozil, Laurent Koscielny and Olivier Giroud aren’t match fit while Gabriel, Per Mertesacker and Danny Welbeck are out with long-term injuries.
We’ve gone ‘full Arsenal’ and it’s only the first weekend of the season….