- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Ramsey & Iwobi
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Aaron Ramsey and Alex Iwobi both picked up injuries during Arsenal’s disappointing 4-3 defeat to Liverpool on Sunday.
Iwobi limped off in the 59th minute and the boss has revealed the young attacker has suffered a thigh injury but didn’t give any indication as to how serious the problem is.
Ramsey was forced just 2 minutes later after receiving treatment on a hamstring injury but again Wenger needs to speak to the medical staff to find out how serious the issue is.
The boss told Arsenal.com;
on how Ramsey is…
I don’t know, I haven’t spoken to the medical people.
on what his injury is…
on Iwobi’s injury…
It’s a thigh.
So if the result wasn’t bad enough today, we’ve also picked up two more injuries and even minor muscle problems could mean a couple of weeks on the sidelines.
I’m sure further assessments will be done tomorrow before we know the full extent of the injuries but Ramsey and Iwobi must now be considered as major doubts for next weeks trip to defending champions Leicester City.
It’s the last thing we needed considering Jack Wilshere, Mesut Ozil, Laurent Koscielny and Olivier Giroud aren’t match fit while Gabriel, Per Mertesacker and Danny Welbeck are out with long-term injuries.
We’ve gone ‘full Arsenal’ and it’s only the first weekend of the season….