- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Arsene Wenger confirms huge fitness blow ahead of Liverpool clash
Arsene Wenger has offered the latest team news ahead of Arsenal’s Premier League opener with Liverpool this weekend.
Unfortunately the boss has confirmed a huge blow with the news that Laurent Koscielny is not ready to face Merseysiders on Sunday afternoon.
Koscielny only began his pre-season training on Monday after enjoying an extended break following his exploits with France at Euro 2016 this summer.
So with just five days training under his belt, Wenger has confirmed that the 30-year-old won’t be fit when Liverpool arrive at the Emirates this weekend.
With Gabriel ruled out for up to eight weeks and Per Mertesacker out for another four months, it leaves us without our three first choice centre-backs for the start of the new season.
It’s a disastrous situation to be in and now Arsene is going to have to either play youngsters Rob Holding and Calum Chambers or move Nacho Monreal in to the middle of defence.
There was no word on Mesut Ozil or Olivier Giroud from Wenger but if Koscielny isn’t available, then it’s safe to say both attackers will also be out against Liverpool meaning we’ll have to play a much weakened squad this weekend.
Theo Walcott or Alexis Sanchez are expected to start up front while Aaron Ramsey could be deployed in a more advanced attacking midfield role in the absence of Ozil.
Wenger says Koscielny is "not ready" and "out of the game" against Liverpool.
— Mattias Karén (@MattiasKaren) August 12, 2016