- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
[Videos] Arsenal’s Gnabry & Asano score for nations at the Olympics
Arsenal duo Serge Gnabry and Takuma Asano were both on target as the Olympic Games kicked off in Rio last night.
Asano completed his move to the Emirates from Sanfrecce Hiroshima a month ago but his arrival at Arsenal has been delayed until after he represents Japan at the Olympics.
The 21-year-old was in action last night and got himself on the score-sheet during a thrilling 5-4 defeat to Nigeria, with Asano tapping home from close range to make the score 5-3.
Japan pulled another one back but it wasn’t enough as the Nigerians secured a memorable 5-4 victory thanks largely to four goals from Feirense striker Oghenekaro Etebo.
It was certainly a poachers finish from Asano, check out his goal below:
Arsenal signing Takuma Asano just scored this cheeky flick.
Perfect excuse for Wenger not to sign anyone else! pic.twitter.com/5LcUIRXna3
— Oddschecker (@Oddschecker) August 5, 2016
Arsenal’s forgotten winger Serge Gnabry was also in action and was target as Germany kicked off their Olympic campaign with a 2-2 draw against Mexico.
Gnabry raced clear of the defence with a well timed run before cooly slotting home with a right-footed finish to make it 1-1 just before the hour mark.
It’s going to be interesting to see how Wenger utilises Gnabry this season but hopefully we can see more of this from the young attacker:
Le but du 1-1 de Serge Gnabry hier contre le Mexique (Score final: Allemagne 2-2 Mexique)pic.twitter.com/9PjgXjyS3e
— Arsenal (France) (@Arsenal_France) August 5, 2016