- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
Wenger hoping Ramsey & Sanchez will be fit for Liverpool clash
According to the Telegraph, Arsene Wenger is set to take Aaron Ramsey and Alexis Sanchez on the pre-season tour of Scandinavia in an attempt to get them fit for the season opener against Liverpool.
Ramsey only returned to training on Monday after being given an extended break following his exploits with Wales at Euro 2016 this summer where he led them all the way to the semi-finals before crashing out to eventual winners Portugal.
Sanchez returned to London last weekend after helping Chile retain the Copa America with a penalty shoot-out victory over Argentina and the attacker has been nursing an ankle injury that he suffered in that final.
However, despite their lack of pre-season training, the Telegraph claim that Wenger is planning to take the duo on our pre-season tour of Scandinavia in a bid to fast-track their fitness programme and get them fit for the Liverpool game.
Ramsey and Sanchez are therefore expected to be part of the squad that heads to Norway today for a friendly with Viking on Friday night before we take on Manchester City in Sweden on Sunday.
As long as there are no set-backs along the way, it’s understood that Wenger wants both Ramsey and Sanchez available when we welcome Liverpool to the Emirates for our first Premier League game of the season on Sunday 14th.
Sanchez could be deployed as a striker as Olivier Giroud is set to miss out against Liverpool with the French international not due to resume his pre-season preparations until next Monday.
Laurent Koscielny and Mesut Ozil will join Giroud in returning to training late so all three won’t be ready to face Liverpool, but fingers crossed Ramsey and Sanchez can get themselves in contention.