- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Key duo named in Arsenal squad but Wilshere misses out with injury
Aaron Ramsey and Alexis Sanchez have been named in Arsenal’s squad for our pre-season trip to Scandinavia but Jack Wilshere misses out through injury.
Ramsey and Sanchez both returned to training this week [see photos here] after being granted an extended break following their international exploits this summer.
Arsene Wenger is hoping to fast-track them through an intense pre-season training regime with the hope of getting them fit to face Liverpool on the opening weekend of the season.
Therefore, we should expect to see them feature during Friday night’s friendly with Viking in Norway as well as against Manchester City in Sweden on Sunday evening.
Gabriel is also back in the squad after missing the tour of the United States with tonsillitis but there is no place for Wilshere as he continues to nurse a knee injury that he picked up last week.
The initial prognosis is that the problem is not serious and Jack remains confident he’ll be available to face Liverpool next Sunday, however, we’ve been here too many times before and nobody would be surprised if the injury turns out to be more serious.
Other notable absentees from the tour squad are Mesut Ozil, Olivier Giroud and Laurent Koscielny as they don’t return to pre-season training until next week.
Here is the confirmed squad as per Arsenal.com: