- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
Key duo named in Arsenal squad but Wilshere misses out with injury
Aaron Ramsey and Alexis Sanchez have been named in Arsenal’s squad for our pre-season trip to Scandinavia but Jack Wilshere misses out through injury.
Ramsey and Sanchez both returned to training this week [see photos here] after being granted an extended break following their international exploits this summer.
Arsene Wenger is hoping to fast-track them through an intense pre-season training regime with the hope of getting them fit to face Liverpool on the opening weekend of the season.
Therefore, we should expect to see them feature during Friday night’s friendly with Viking in Norway as well as against Manchester City in Sweden on Sunday evening.
Gabriel is also back in the squad after missing the tour of the United States with tonsillitis but there is no place for Wilshere as he continues to nurse a knee injury that he picked up last week.
The initial prognosis is that the problem is not serious and Jack remains confident he’ll be available to face Liverpool next Sunday, however, we’ve been here too many times before and nobody would be surprised if the injury turns out to be more serious.
Other notable absentees from the tour squad are Mesut Ozil, Olivier Giroud and Laurent Koscielny as they don’t return to pre-season training until next week.
Here is the confirmed squad as per Arsenal.com: