- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
[Photo] Mesut Ozil flying to London ahead of Arsenal training return
Arsenal are set to be handed a timely boost with Mesut Ozil posting a photo on social media confirming he’s en route back to London to begin his pre-season preparations.
The German international has been enjoying an extended break after helping Germany reach the semi-finals of Euro 2016 where they crashed out to losing finalists France.
Ozil wasn’t back in time to take part in our pre-season tour of the United States but surprised the rest of the squad by turning up in Los Angeles to watch the boys in action against Chivas on Sunday night.
The 27-year-old has now finished his holiday’s and has taken to Twitter to upload a photo of him relaxing on a plane as he flies back to London to get #BackToWork with Arsenal.
Ozil isn’t expected to travel to Scandinavia with the rest of the squad for our remaining friendlies against Viking and Manchester City but he’ll remain at London Colney to work on his fitness as he looks to get back up to speed as quickly as possible.
The German playmaker is almost certainly going to miss our Premier League opener against Liverpool as he’ll only have had just over a week to prepare but hopefully he may be able to play some part against Leicester City.
— Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) August 3, 2016