- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
[Photo] Mesut Ozil flying to London ahead of Arsenal training return
Arsenal are set to be handed a timely boost with Mesut Ozil posting a photo on social media confirming he’s en route back to London to begin his pre-season preparations.
The German international has been enjoying an extended break after helping Germany reach the semi-finals of Euro 2016 where they crashed out to losing finalists France.
Ozil wasn’t back in time to take part in our pre-season tour of the United States but surprised the rest of the squad by turning up in Los Angeles to watch the boys in action against Chivas on Sunday night.
The 27-year-old has now finished his holiday’s and has taken to Twitter to upload a photo of him relaxing on a plane as he flies back to London to get #BackToWork with Arsenal.
Ozil isn’t expected to travel to Scandinavia with the rest of the squad for our remaining friendlies against Viking and Manchester City but he’ll remain at London Colney to work on his fitness as he looks to get back up to speed as quickly as possible.
The German playmaker is almost certainly going to miss our Premier League opener against Liverpool as he’ll only have had just over a week to prepare but hopefully he may be able to play some part against Leicester City.
— Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) August 3, 2016