- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
£38m attacker desperate to join Arsenal after talks with Wenger
Algerian outlet Le Buteur have another update on the Riyad Mahrez situation and they now claim that the attacker is desperate to join Arsenal after agreeing the move following talks with Arsene Wenger.
The Mahrez-to-Arsenal saga has been running for several weeks and Le Buteur have been right in the centre of it all publishing conflicting reports over the past few days.
Mahrez has reportedly been on Arsenal’s radar for some time but the rumours picked up when Eurosport FR claimed last weekend that his agent held talks with Arsene following our 1-1 draw with Lens on July 22nd.
Le Buteur then reported that a British journalist close to Arsenal had informed them that Mahrez had agreed personal terms and that a £38m deal was just days from completion.
The Algerian outlet then claimed late last week that an apparent ‘source’ close to the 25-year-old had denied any agreement was in place with Arsenal and that the attacker was still negotiating with several top clubs.
Le Buteur have now published their latest update on the situation and they’ve changed their mind once again by reverting back to their original report that Mahrez has agreed to join Arsenal following talks with Wenger.
They say the player is now desperate to complete a proposed £38m (€45m) move to north London and has told Leicester as much after rejecting their offer of a £100,000-a-week contract extension.
The Algerian newspaper also claim Leicester are frustrated that Wenger and Bould decided to scout Mahrez during their 4-0 loss to PSG at the weekend as Claudio Ranieri believes that it’s only further unsettled their star man.
Wenger refused to deny his interest in Mahrez after the game on Sunday night so I certainly think we have a concrete interest in the player, however, I’m going to take anything Le Buteur say with a huge pinch of salt for now.
The news outlet usually have a decent record when it comes to Algerian players but they seem to be publishing too many conflicting reports for my liking so I’ll hold fire from getting too excited until something solid comes out.
Needless-to-say I’d love to see Mahrez come to Arsenal as he’d be a sensational signing for the club and an attacking trio of Mahrez-Ozil-Sanchez is a mouth-watering prospect. If we could add a top class striker and another centre-back then we may finally have a squad capable of going all the way in the title race.
Let’s see how things progress but time is beginning to run out for Wenger to get his business done….