- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
German star keen on £25m Arsenal move as Wenger eyes double swoop
According to the Mirror, Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi is keen on making a £25m move to Arsenal while Arsene Wenger is also still hoping to land Alexandre Lacazette as part of a double swoop.
The boss has already made it clear that he’s looking to sign a new centre-back after losing Per Mertesacker through injury while he reiterated his desire to sign another forward just yesterday.
Mustafi emerged as a likely target last week when Sky Sports News reported that we had entered talks with Valencia over a potential deal to sign the German international this summer.
The report suggested that we could seal a deal worth £25m up front with a further £8.4m coming in additional add ons with Mustafi’s agent understood to have flown to Spain to try and help thrash out the move.
It looks like a deal is there to be done as the Mirror are now claiming that Mustafi is keen on making the switch to north London as he’s interested in working with Wenger at Arsenal.
Mustafi is also capable of playing at right-back so I think he’d be an excellent addition to the squad, particularly if Debuchy completed his proposed move to Bordeaux, so let’s hope we manage to get something agreed for the 24-year-old.
His arrival could be part of a double swoop from Arsene as the Mirror go on to claim that we are still showing a keen interest in signing Lacazette despite Lyon’s insistence the striker is not for sale.
The French club revealed last week that they’d rejected a £29.3m offer from Arsenal for the 25-year-old with president Jean Michel Aulas insisting their star man was not for sale at any price.
However, the Mirror say that Wenger believes he’s just trying to create an auction for the striker and Arsenal remain hopeful of agreeing a deal before the end of the summer window.
Fans are beginning to get frustrated by our lack of activity but if we could sign Mustafi and Lacazette I think we’d have had a great summer. Mustafi would give us another top class option in defence while Lacazette is a goal-scorer who offers a different alternative to Giroud up front.
Let’s see how things develop over the coming days but hopefully Wenger can get these deals agreed swiftly as we’re set to be without several key players for our season opener against Liverpool.