- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
Arsenal to battle Liverpool for unsettled Real Madrid attacker
According to a report in the Sun, Arsenal are ready to battle-it-out with Liverpool over the signing of unsettled Real Madrid attacker Jese Rodriguez this summer.
Arsene Wenger is desperately trying to strengthen his attacking options ahead of the new season but has so far been frustrated in his attempts to sign a number of high profile names.
We could have a new target in mind as the Sun are citing a report from Spanish outlet Marca that claims Jese Rodriguez has asked to leave Real Madrid after failing to establish himself at the Spanish giants.
The 23-year-old came through the Madrid youth set-up to break in to the first team squad but made just seven league starts last season so understandably he wants more regular first team football.
The report says that Zinedine Zidane is prepared to sell the attacker – although there is also a chance Madrid would send him out on loan – and the Sun suggests that Arsenal and Liverpool are among the clubs who are now ready to battle-it-out over his signature.
However, there is no real foundation to the newspapers claims, other than to say that we have previously shown an interest in signing Rodriguez, so the Sun are simply assuming that Wenger will now renew his interest following the player’s request to leave.
The boss certainly needs to bring in fresh blood over the coming weeks and Jese is capable of playing anywhere across the attacking positions so he could be a useful addition to the squad if we did decide to make a move for him.
However, given the lack of depth in the Sun’s report, I’ll wait for more concrete information to come out about our intentions to sign the Spaniard before I get my hopes up.