- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Serie A giants waiting on Arsenal to submit offer for £26m striker
According to talkSPORT, AC Milan are waiting for Arsenal to formalise their interest in Carlos Bacca with a concrete offer after his move to West Ham stalled over personal terms.
Arsene Wenger is desperately trying to bring in another striker after losing Danny Welbeck to a serious knee injury and we’ve turned to alternative targets after missing out on Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy.
Many recent reports in the media have claimed that we’re keen on Gonzalo Higuain but with Napoli demanding crazy money for the Argentinean international, the boss has been looking elsewhere.
The Express reported over the weekend that Arsenal had identified Bacca as their latest target and we are supposedly ready to rival West Ham for his signature after they saw a £26m bid accepted by AC Milan.
However, talkSPORT claim that the Serie A giants are now waiting on Arsenal to table a firm offer as the Colombian international’s proposed move to the Hammers has stalled after they failed to agree personal terms.
Bacca only moved to the San Siro from Sevilla last summer and scored 20 goals in all competitions but Milan still finished seventh in the table and the 29-year-old is looking to leave the club in search of Champions League football.
Bacca is quoted as saying by the Express:
“It’s my dream to play in Champions League and work toward winning it.
“Unfortunately, the failure for Milan to reach the tournament is one of the themes of our discussions with the club.”
If Bacca does want Champions League football, then there’s no point him joining West Ham and perhaps that is as much of a stumbling block as personal terms.
Arsenal obviously can offer him top-level European football but I don’t think Wenger will make any formal move for the South American until he’s exhausted his attempts to sign the likes of Higuain or Lacazette.
In my view, Bacca is just a back-up in-case we can’t land our main targets so while AC Milan may want us to step-up our interest asap, I don’t think we’ll see Arsenal in any hurry to do business just yet.