- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Agent claims Arsenal & Spurs have made offers for striker
Arsenal have put forward an offer for Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi but we’ll face competition from a number of clubs including Tottenham, according to the players wife/agent.
Arsene Wenger is desperately trying to bring in another striker this summer after missing out on Jamie Vardy and Icardi is one of a number of players who’ve been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks.
It looks like we’ve made our interest in the Argentinean international official as the strikers wife and agent, Wanda Nara, has named Arsenal as one of the clubs who’ve been in touch to try and sign the 23-year-old this summer.
However, it seems we’ll face plenty of competition as the agent says that Spurs, Ateltico Madrid, Napoli and Roma have also put forward offers for Icardi’s services.
Nara goes on to say that they are happy to stay at Inter and sign the improved contract they were promised, but suggests that the Serie A club are the ones trying to negotiate his sale.
The agent is quoted as saying by the Evening Standard:
“There are many offers, but I do not negotiate with other clubs. I only talk about Mauro’s contract, that’s my role, not doing negotiations. Atletico Madrid, Tottenham and Arsenal have made contact. Napoli and Roma are also interested now.”
“I’ve asked for a renewal because the club had promised me a renewal. Last year we accepted their conditions, which mean a lower salary, the sale of the 50% of Mauro’s economic rights and there is no release clause on his contract. They have to keep their promises.”
“We want to stay in Milan. People say I am a mercenary, but I am not. [Inter] have to say the truth. They can’t say Icardi is not for sale and then talk to other clubs.”
So it looks like there are plenty of clubs fighting for Icardi’s signature this summer and it’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out as I’m sure Inter won’t be too impressed by the strikers wife/agent speaking so openly in the media.
Icardi is a hugely talented striker and he’s scored 52 goals in his 105 appearances for Inter since joining from Sampdoria three years ago, so he has a solid record in front of goal.
I’d personally prefer we go for the likes of Higuain or Lukaku but Icardi would be a decent alternative if we can’t get a deal agreed for those two. Let’s just hope Wenger manages to get someone in as it would be a disaster if we failed to sign a striker again this summer.