- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
Arsenal keen on deal for £25m Juventus star – report
According to the Daily Star, Arsenal are showing a keen interest in signing £25m-rated Juventus centre-back Daniele Rugani this summer.
The majority of the transfer gossip these days focusses on our search for a striker but Arsene Wenger is also believed to be in the market for another central defender with Calum Chambers expected to head out on loan next season.
A name that we were linked with at the end of last season has resurfaced with the Daily Star citing reports coming from Italian website Gianluca Di Marzio that claims Arsenal are interested in signing Juventus defender Rugani this summer.
The 21-year-old is regarded as one of the hottest young talents in Italian football and is expected to go on to become a key player for his country having been named on Antonio Conte’s reserve list for Euro 2016.
However, Rugani managed just 17 appearances for Juve last season as he struggled to force his way past the experienced trio of Leonardo Bonucci, Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini on a consistent basis.
It looks like Arsenal are ready to give the youngster a crack at more regular action at the Emirates but the Daily Star claim that we’ll face competition from Napoli while Everton are also understood to have tabled a £25.5m bid for the centre-back.
Understandably, Juventus are desperate to keep hold of the player but they might be forced to cash-in if Rugani makes it clear he wants to leave the club in search of regular first team football.
We’ll have to wait and see whether the youngster is going to be prepared to force a move but I’d love to see him come to Arsenal if he does leave Turin this summer as he has the potential to become one of the best defenders in Europe over the coming years.