- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal submit bid for La Liga attacker – report
According to the Express, Arsenal have now submitted a formal bid for Barcelona attacker Arda Turan as Arsene Wenger looks to strengthen his attacking options this summer.
Turan became one of the best attackers in Europe during his time with Ateltico Madrid but his career has stalled since joining Barcelona in a £34m deal last summer.
The Turkish international was forced to wait until January to make his debut for the Catalans due to their transfer ban but even when he was available he struggled to force his way in to the starting eleven consistently, making just 9 starts overall.
Turan is now being tipped to leave the Nou Camp in search of regular first team football and Spanish outlet Sport reported over the weekend that Arsenal had joined the chase for his signature.
It looks like we’ve now stepped-up our interest as the Express claim that Arsenal have now submitted a formal offer to Barcelona – although they don’t actually give any specific details on the amount we’ve supposedly put on the table.
The newspaper does suggest that the offer is likely to be in excess of the £17.1m bid that Galatasaray have made while Borussia Dortmund are also understood to have expressed their interest in signing the attacker.
Barca boss Luis Enrique is supposedly willing to let Turan leave and if we could snap him up for around £18m-£19m then I think it would be a superb piece of business if we could get him back to anywhere near his best form.
Turan was a real talent at Atletico and he’s capable of playing anywhere across the attacking midfield positions so he’d give Wenger plenty of options in the final third next season.
If the 29-year-old does end up joining Arsenal then I think it will see one of Theo Walcott or Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain leave the club as both have been linked with moves away following poor campaigns last year.
I’d personally be disappointed to see either player leave but they seem to have lost their way at the Emirates so perhaps a fresh start is needed and Turan would be a worthy replacement.