- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Juventus chief: Arsenal told us Sanchez would cost £34m
According to the Express, Juventus chief Giuseppe Marotta has revealed that Arsenal quoted the Italian champions just £34m for Alexis Sanchez before rejecting their bid.
Sanchez has been strongly linked with a move away from the Emirates over the past few months with speculation suggesting the Chilean international is growing increasingly unsettled in north London.
There is no tangible evidence to confirm these reports as Sanchez has never given any indication that he’s unhappy at Arsenal but that hasn’t stopped the papers from linking him with the likes of Juventus.
The Turin giants president, Giuseppe Marotta, has now claimed that when they initially enquired about Sanchez’s availability this summer Arsenal supposedly informed them we would cash-in for £34m (€40m).
Understandably, Juve thought that valuation was more than reasonable so Marotta says they tabled the £34m bid only for Arsenal to tell them that Alexis was no longer for sale.
“Sanchez is a great player, but Arsenal told us he is not on the market,” Marotta is quoted as saying by the Express
“We had asked for the player’s price-tag and Arsenal valued him at €40m (£34m), a sum that we considered reasonable.
“However, once we replied to their demand, the English club let us know that he was not for sale.”
Hopefully Marotta has been misquoted or something as it would be extremely concerning if Arsenal were even contemplating for one second selling Sanchez for just £34m.
If we were, thankfully it looks like we’ve come to our senses as it would have been one of the worst pieces of business ever to sell the 27-year-old for that much.
If the likes of Benteke and Sane are worth around £30m, Sanchez must be worth £75m in today’s crazy transfer market – even with just two years left on his contract.
Let’s hope this puts an end to all the rumours surrounding Alexis’s future and we see him sign a new deal soon as I’d be devastated to see him leave this summer.