- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
Arsenal may sell Sanchez to buy Lacazette after Juve bid £30m [Mail]
Silly season has well and truly begun as the Daily Mail seem to suggest that Arsenal may agree to sell Alexis Sanchez to Juventus in order to fund our move for Alexandre Lacazette this summer.
Sanchez has been strongly linked with a move to Juventus in recent weeks as they look for a replacement for Alvaro Morata after Real Madrid activated his £23m buyback clause and the Daily Mail claims that Arsenal have now rejected the Serie A champions opening £30m bid.
If true, it was an audacious bid as £30m wouldn’t buy Sanchez’s right leg never mind the rest of him. If Benteke and Sane are worth around £30m, then Alexis must be worth £75m in today’s crazy transfer market.
Anyway, it’s good news that Arsenal politely told Juventus where to go, however, the Daily Mail go on to suggest that we haven’t ruled out selling Sanchez but rather we weren’t happy with their offer, saying we want to make a profit on the fee we paid to Barcelona two years ago.
The newspaper then says that with Lyon demanding ‘at least £42m’ for Alexandre Lacazette, Arsenal may have to cash-in on Sanchez to fund our move for the French international.
I don’t even know where to start with this rubbish. Firstly, the Lacazette fee/buyout clause is widely believed to be nearer £34m, not the minimum £42m the Daily Mail claim Lyon are demanding.
But more importantly, why on earth would we need to sell Sanchez to fund the purchase of Lacazette? Wenger has more than enough left over in his transfer kitty after buying Xhaka to pay for Lacazette. Hell, the boss could probably afford Messi with the money we have in the bank!
So the Daily Mail’s report is utter nonsense. Wenger is looking to use our sizeable transfer pot to buy a striker to compliment the likes of Alexis, not sell our best players to raise money that we don’t even need.