- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
What Are the Most Iconic Football Moments at Arsenal FC?
Football: everyone’s got an opinion on it, but if like us you’re an Arsenal fan, you’ve been lucky enough to see some truly great moments throughout the club’s history.
So if you had to choose one iconic football moment at the greatest club in the world, Arsenal FC, which would it be?
Here are a few of our favourites to get you thinking before you make your mind up.
1. The ‘Invincibles’
In the 2003-2004 season, Arsenal managed to get through the entire season without conceding defeat to any other team in the league.
In English football, the only other team that has achieved this remarkable status is Preston North End way back in the 1880s under their manager William Sudell.
Arsène Wenger, the man still in charge today, led his team all the way to the Premier League trophy without a major dent in their campaign from the likes of Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool. What an achievement!
To make it even more special, we sealed the title at White Hart Lane! Some argue that this is the number one achievement in the club’s history.
2. Dennis Bergkamp’s Goal Against Newcastle
An iconic moment doesn’t have to be a long-running achievement – short bursts of skill and inspiration are also up there.
So, who remembers Denis Bergkamp’s incredible flick and turn goal against Newcastle in the 2002 season? A season we also won the title don’t forget!
Hailed by some as the goal of the decade, Bergkamp is fed a delightful ball from Robert Pirès. Bergkamp then flicks the ball past the Newcastle defender using the inside of his foot, turning round him and then slotting it preciously past the keeper.
Take a look at the goal for yourself below to relive this amazing moment!
3. Winning the League at Old Trafford
During the 2001-2002 season, Arsenal bagged the Premier League title for the second time since 1992. This in itself is a great achievement, although there’s the added bonus that it was at the ground of close rivals Manchester United.
The final league finished with Liverpool taking second place, seven points behind us, and Manchester United claiming third place.
It was during this season that Bergkamp scored the absolute blinder mentioned above, so combined with winning the league at Old Trafford, of all places, it’s got to be one of our best seasons! Do you agree?
Other Iconic Moments
So what’s your favourite Arsenal moment? Don’t forget to Tweet us and let us know.
In the meantime, you can check out a whole host of iconic football moments in Europe and the UK to reminisce and look back at other Arsenal facts and inclusions.