- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
[Video] Takuma Asano: Introducing Arsenal’s latest new signing
Arsenal confirmed on Arsenal.com earlier today that we’ve agreed a deal to sign Japanese forward Takuma Asano from Sanfrecce Hiroshima this summer.
Not many people will know too much about Asano but he’s a highly-rated striker who joined Hiroshima in 2013 and has scored 11 goals in his 56 appearances to help them win two J-League titles over the past four years.
The 21-year-old already has five caps for the Japan national team to his name and won the J-League’s ’Rookie of the Year’ in 2015 – which is the equivalent of the ‘Young Player of the year’ in the Premier League.
Arsene Wenger has described him as ‘one for the future’ so I think it’s safe to say he’ll probably be sent out on loan to a European club next season to gain some experience before trying to forge a career at Arsenal.
Judging from the video below, he’s got a decent leap and is useful in the air, despite only being around 5ft 6ins tall, and he likes to roll defenders to gain space before running in on goal.
His biggest attribute is definitely his blistering pace and while some of the defending in the clips below is shocking, Asano does look to be a solid finisher.
Check out some of his best bits below:
— afcstuff (@afcstuff) July 3, 2016