- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
[Video] Takuma Asano: Introducing Arsenal’s latest new signing
Arsenal confirmed on Arsenal.com earlier today that we’ve agreed a deal to sign Japanese forward Takuma Asano from Sanfrecce Hiroshima this summer.
Not many people will know too much about Asano but he’s a highly-rated striker who joined Hiroshima in 2013 and has scored 11 goals in his 56 appearances to help them win two J-League titles over the past four years.
The 21-year-old already has five caps for the Japan national team to his name and won the J-League’s ’Rookie of the Year’ in 2015 – which is the equivalent of the ‘Young Player of the year’ in the Premier League.
Arsene Wenger has described him as ‘one for the future’ so I think it’s safe to say he’ll probably be sent out on loan to a European club next season to gain some experience before trying to forge a career at Arsenal.
Judging from the video below, he’s got a decent leap and is useful in the air, despite only being around 5ft 6ins tall, and he likes to roll defenders to gain space before running in on goal.
His biggest attribute is definitely his blistering pace and while some of the defending in the clips below is shocking, Asano does look to be a solid finisher.
Check out some of his best bits below:
— afcstuff (@afcstuff) July 3, 2016