- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
[Video] Takuma Asano: Introducing Arsenal’s latest new signing
Arsenal confirmed on Arsenal.com earlier today that we’ve agreed a deal to sign Japanese forward Takuma Asano from Sanfrecce Hiroshima this summer.
Not many people will know too much about Asano but he’s a highly-rated striker who joined Hiroshima in 2013 and has scored 11 goals in his 56 appearances to help them win two J-League titles over the past four years.
The 21-year-old already has five caps for the Japan national team to his name and won the J-League’s ‘Rookie of the Year’ in 2015 – which is the equivalent of the ‘Young Player of the year’ in the Premier League.
Arsene Wenger has described him as ‘one for the future’ so I think it’s safe to say he’ll probably be sent out on loan to a European club next season to gain some experience before trying to forge a career at Arsenal.
Judging from the video below, he’s got a decent leap and is useful in the air, despite only being around 5ft 6ins tall, and he likes to roll defenders to gain space before running in on goal.
His biggest attribute is definitely his blistering pace and while some of the defending in the clips below is shocking, Asano does look to be a solid finisher.
Check out some of his best bits below:
— afcstuff (@afcstuff) July 3, 2016