- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
Spurs speak with striker’s agent amid reports of £32m Arsenal bid
It looks like Arsenal will face competition from Tottenham for the signature of Mauro Icardi as the Daily Star are reporting that Spurs are eyeing a £38m bid after holding talks with the strikers agent.
Arsene Wenger is in the market for a new striker after losing Danny Welbeck to a serious knee injury and we’ve had to look elsewhere after Jamie Vardy turned his back on a move in favour of signing a new deal with Leicester City.
Several names have been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks but talkSPORT reported last week that Wenger had made Inter Milan hitman Mauro Icardi his new No.1 target.
The news outlet suggested that Arsenal have been tracking the 23-year-old since last summer but are now ready to formalise their interest by testing Inter’s resolve with an opening offer worth £32m.
However, it looks like we’re now going to face competition from our north London rivals as the Daily Star are citing reports coming out of Italy that claim Tottenham have now held negotiations with Icardi’s agent.
The newspaper says that Spurs spoke about a potential move to White Hart Lane and are now considering trumping us by tabling a £38m offer for the Argentinean international.
Who knows how much truth there is behind any of these reports as there is plenty of speculation flying around these days so it’s best to take it all with a pinch of salt, but Icardi would be an excellent signing if we did end up buying him.
He has been impressing at the San Siro since joining Inter from Sampdoria in 2013 and has scored 52 goals and provided 15 assists in 105 games for the Serie A giants over the past three years.
With the likes of Alvaro Morata and Gonzalo Higuain valued at over £50m, I wouldn’t be surprised if Wenger opted to go for Icardi as he’d represent better value and we all know the boss likes a good deal.
Tottenham do need a striker themselves as they can’t keep relying on Harry Kane but I’d be confident we would win the race if we were both in for Icardi this summer.