- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal submit formal offer for Japanese international – reports
According to a report in the Express, Arsenal have made a shock move for unknown Japanese international striker Takuma Asano after submitting a formal offer to his club Sanfrecce Hiroshima.
We all know that Arsene Wenger is on the look out for a new striker this summer after losing Danny Welbeck to a serious knee injury and we’ve already failed with a swoop for Jamie Vardy – who decided to stay with Leicester City.
We’ve been linked with big-money moves for the likes of Alvaro Morata and Alexandre Lacazette in recent weeks but it appears the boss is also eyeing a less established name to fill the void up front.
The Express are citing reports coming from Japanese media outlet Sanyo News who claim that Arsenal have tabled a formal offer to Sanfrecce Hiroshima for striker Takuma Asano.
Heard of him? Na, me neither. From my research, the 21-year-old has scored 20 goals in 75 games to help his club win the J1 League twice in the last four years and was named as the J League’s Young Player of the Year in 2015.
Asano recently broke in to the Japan senior team and has four caps to his name so far with the youngster netting one goal during a 7-2 friendly win over Bulgaria earlier this month, while he’s expected to play for his country at the Rio Olympics this summer and is known for his blistering pace.
The report doesn’t indicate how much our supposed offer is worth but it’s a curious move by Wenger, if true. Obviously we need a top class striker this summer so hopefully Asano is just a speculative punt and the boss will also bring in another more established name if he does end up bringing the Japanese international to the Emirates.