- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
- Arsenal star a ‘major doubt’ for crucial Man City clash
- Arsenal make 24-year-old top target as Wenger eyes international
- Boss confirms Arsenal star is ruled out with hamstring injury
- Arsenal transfer plans: Out = £92m duo, In = 48-goal hitmen
- Brazilian superstar says he ‘admires’ Arsenal & wants to play in England
Arsenal to meet agent of £20m attacker but Chelsea also keen
According to Guardian journalist Ed Aarons, Arsenal will hold talks with the agent of Lille attacker Sofiane Boufal this week to discuss a potential move but we’ll face competition from Chelsea.
Arsene Wenger is on the market for another attacker this summer with Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s future at the club uncertain and a number of players have been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks.
The latest name is Sofiane Boufal with Guardian journalist Ed Aarons taking to Twitter today to claim that Arsenal will meet the attackers agent this week to discuss a possible move from Lille.
However, we aren’t the only club showing an interest in the Moroccan international as Aarons says that Chelsea and Southampton will also hold talks with Boufal’s representative to discuss a deal.
Boufal excelled for Lille last season having scored 11 goals in his 29 appearances and he only joined the club from Angers in a £3m deal back in January 2015, so they are in line to make a huge profit if they cash-in this summer.
The Guardian reported earlier this month that Arsenal had made it clear to the Ligue 1 outfit that we are prepared to meet the 22-year-old’s €25m buyout clause, which equates to around £20.5m in this post-Brexit world.
We’ll have to wait and see what comes of these supposed talks with his agent this week but should we be successful in signing Boufal, he’d give Arsene another option in attack next season.
The Moroccan is predominantly played as a central attacker but he’s more than comfortable on the wings and with Mesut Ozil our No.10, Wenger probably sees him out wide at Arsenal.
— Ed Aarons (@ed_aarons) June 28, 2016