- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
[Video] Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka misses vital penalty as Swiss lose shoot-out
New Arsenal signing Granit Xhaka misses the decisive spot kick as Switzerland crashed out of Euro 2016 after a dramatic penalty shoot-out defeat to Poland following a 1-1 draw this afternoon.
Xhaka became Arsenal’s first major signing of the summer market after completing his £25m to the Emirates move from Borussia Mönchengladbach last month.
The midfielder has been hugely impressive at the Euro’s so far, picking up three Man of the Match awards during the group stages as Switzerland finished second in Group A behind France.
The Swiss have just played Poland in the first knockout round but unfortunately it was a game to forget for the new Arsenal man.
Blaszczykowski put Poland ahead before Shaqiri sent the game in to extra time with a stunning equaliser in the 82nd minute, and with no further goals scored the match went to penalties.
The first two spot kicks were converted before Xhaka stepped up but unfortunately he blasted his penalty wide. All remaining efforts were converted meaning Xhaka’s miss proved crucial as Poland progressed following a 5-4 shoot-out win.
Watch all the action here: