- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
[Video] Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka misses vital penalty as Swiss lose shoot-out
New Arsenal signing Granit Xhaka misses the decisive spot kick as Switzerland crashed out of Euro 2016 after a dramatic penalty shoot-out defeat to Poland following a 1-1 draw this afternoon.
Xhaka became Arsenal’s first major signing of the summer market after completing his £25m to the Emirates move from Borussia Mönchengladbach last month.
The midfielder has been hugely impressive at the Euro’s so far, picking up three Man of the Match awards during the group stages as Switzerland finished second in Group A behind France.
The Swiss have just played Poland in the first knockout round but unfortunately it was a game to forget for the new Arsenal man.
Blaszczykowski put Poland ahead before Shaqiri sent the game in to extra time with a stunning equaliser in the 82nd minute, and with no further goals scored the match went to penalties.
The first two spot kicks were converted before Xhaka stepped up but unfortunately he blasted his penalty wide. All remaining efforts were converted meaning Xhaka’s miss proved crucial as Poland progressed following a 5-4 shoot-out win.
Watch all the action here: