- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal’s pursuit of £14m attacker set to end in failure
According to talkSPORT, Arsenal are set to miss out on Nolito after the Spanish international attacker opted to join Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City this summer.
Nolito has been linked with a move to Arsenal for some time with reports back in January claiming that we tried to lure the 29-year-old to the Emirates during the winter window.
talkSPORT claim that Arsene Wenger continued to monitor the player during the second half of the season and renewed his interest this month as he looks to bring in another attacker this summer.
With Danny Welbeck out for most of next season and our pursuit of Jamie Vardy in serious doubt, Nolito emerged as a serious target with the report stating that he was available at a very reasonable £14m due to a buyout clause in his contract.
Nolito scored 12 goals and provided 7 assists in his 29 appearances for Celta Vigo last season and he’s started in all three of Spain’s games at Euro 2016 so far, scoring once against Turkey last week.
He’s capable of playing out on either wing or even through the middle so he would have been a very useful signing for Arsenal, especially if Theo Walcott ends up leaving the club this summer.
However, unfortunately it looks like we’ve missed out as talkSPORT claim Nolito has snubbed interest from Arsenal and Barcelona in order to link-up with Guardiola at Manchester City after the Eastlander’s agreed to pay his buyout fee.
The move looks to be on the verge of completion as personal terms over a three-year deal are also understood to have already been agreed between the player and City.
So it appears Arsene is going to have to move on to another target as he looks to bring in a versatile attacker this summer…..