- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
Star tells club of his decision ahead of proposed £19m Arsenal move
According to ESPN, Ricardo Rodriguez has informed Wolfsburg he wants to leave this summer amid reports that Arsenal are ready to trigger his £20m release clause.
Rodriguez has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates this summer with the International Business Times reporting last month that Arsene Wenger was ready to meet his £20m [€25m] release clause.
The 23-year-old then fulled the speculation after being quoted by the Evening Standard as saying earlier this month that he’d like to follow Switzerland international team mate Granit Xhaka to the Emirates.
When asked about joining Arsenal, he said:
“That would be exciting, yes, especially because the room arrangement at Arsenal would be fixed as well.”
It appears Rodriguez has now informed his current club Wolfsburg that he wants to leave this summer and they seen happy to cash-in as sporting director Klaus Allofs is quoted by ESPN as saying:
“Rici has stated that his future is not with us, but we can live with this decision.”
So it looks like the left-back wants a move this summer and let’s hope Arsenal have managed to turn his head as Rodriguez would be an excellent signing for us. Kieran Gibbs is being tipped to leave after losing his place so we are likely to need another left-back and Rodriguez would fit the bill perfectly.
Nacho Monreal is our established first choice right now but we need two top class players for each position if we want to be pushing for top honours so let’s hope Arsene is prepared to pay the required £20m to sign Rodriguez this summer.