- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Star tells club of his decision ahead of proposed £19m Arsenal move
According to ESPN, Ricardo Rodriguez has informed Wolfsburg he wants to leave this summer amid reports that Arsenal are ready to trigger his £20m release clause.
Rodriguez has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates this summer with the International Business Times reporting last month that Arsene Wenger was ready to meet his £20m [€25m] release clause.
The 23-year-old then fulled the speculation after being quoted by the Evening Standard as saying earlier this month that he’d like to follow Switzerland international team mate Granit Xhaka to the Emirates.
When asked about joining Arsenal, he said:
“That would be exciting, yes, especially because the room arrangement at Arsenal would be fixed as well.”
It appears Rodriguez has now informed his current club Wolfsburg that he wants to leave this summer and they seen happy to cash-in as sporting director Klaus Allofs is quoted by ESPN as saying:
“Rici has stated that his future is not with us, but we can live with this decision.”
So it looks like the left-back wants a move this summer and let’s hope Arsenal have managed to turn his head as Rodriguez would be an excellent signing for us. Kieran Gibbs is being tipped to leave after losing his place so we are likely to need another left-back and Rodriguez would fit the bill perfectly.
Nacho Monreal is our established first choice right now but we need two top class players for each position if we want to be pushing for top honours so let’s hope Arsene is prepared to pay the required £20m to sign Rodriguez this summer.