- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Arsenal blow as Man Utd look to hijack deal for Henrikh Mkhitaryan
It looks like we have some stiff competition for the signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan as Jan Aage Fjortoft claims Manchester United are trying to hijack Arsenal’s deal for the Borussia Dortmund playmaker.
We’ve been strongly linked with a move for Mkhitaryan in recent weeks with the Mirror reporting earlier this week that Dortmund have decided to cash-in on the attacker with Arsenal believed to be in talks to try and secure his signature.
Mkhitaryan has just entered the final year of his contract and has refused to sign an extension so the German giants will sell him now rather than risk losing him for nothing next summer and the 27-year-old has reported expressed his desire to join Arsenal.
However, it appears our proposed deal for the Armenian international is now in serious doubt after Fjortoft – who now works as a pundit and journalist after hanging up his boots - took to Twitter this morning to claim that United are hoping to lure Mkhitaryan to Old Trafford.
The former Swindon, Middlesbrough and Sheffield United hitman points out that Mkhitaryan has the same agent as Zlatan Ibrahimovic – who’s widely expected to join United this summer – and says that while Arsenal were leading the chase, a move to Old Trafford is now more likely.
Only time will tell if Fjortoft’s information proves accurate but it would be a huge blow if we were to miss out on Mkhitaryan as he’s developed in to one of the most dangerous attackers in world football over the past few years.
The former Shakhtar Donetsk attacker has just come off the back of a sensational campaign that saw him score 23 goals and provide a staggering 32 assists in all competitions so it’s easy to see why we’re after him.
If we did manage to win the race for his signature, then I think we’d see Theo Walcott leave the club this summer with Mkhitaryan taking his place on the right wing to form a devastating attack alongside Ozil and Sanchez.
Let’s see what happens but I’d absolutely love to see Mkhitaryan come to Arsenal this summer….
Been told that the "Bundesliga-star going to the Premier League" will be in papers 2morrow. Player linked to one club,now other more likely
— Jan Aage Fjortoft (@JanAageFjortoft) June 8, 2016
Man UTD wants to take him away from Arsenal. The Dortmund-player has the same agent as Zlatan….
— Jan Aage Fjortoft (@JanAageFjortoft) June 9, 2016